- The PRAIRIE FIRE Football Club will conduct player evaluations in January and February. The cost to participate in the team evaluations will be posted on the website when registration opens.
Grade 9 - 11 (The coaching staff is committed to having a strong representation of all three grade levels on the roster )
- Players from all across central Alberta are eligible to play for the Fire.
* Olds area players: If you live NORTH of Township Road 334 you reside in the PRAIRIE FIRE drawing area and are eligible to play for the FIRE. If you live SOUTH of Township Road 334 you must tryout for the Airdrie Northern Raiders.
- If a player is suspended from school for academic or behaviour issues they will be suspended from the Prairie Fire as well (see Player Code of Conduct below).
- The PRAIRIE FIRE are a member of the Calgary & Area Midget Football League. The FIRE will play up to 2 exhibition games, 6 regular season games and up to 3 playoff games. Our home games are played at the ME Global Athletic Park in Lacombe and 4 away games at Shouldice Park in Calgary.
The FIRE cares about each player's safety. Each FIRE player will be fit with a top of the line helmet. This is included in team fees.- Team supplied equipment: Riddell Speed Helmet, shoulder pads (if player cannot supply), generic mouth guard, Pro-style jersey and pant, game socks, belt, practice jersey and pant & equipment bag.- Player supplied equipment: shoulder pads, pants pads, girdle, dental mouth guard.- Helmets, game jerseys & pants, practice jerseys and pants, belts and any other equipment supplied by the PRAIRIE FIRE are property of the PRAIRIE FIRE Football Club.
Parent Code of Conduct
Please see our complete Parent Code of Conduct found here
Player Code of Conduct
Calgary & Area Midget Football Association"The following regulations govern the conduct of each and every player in the Association and any breach of the regulation shall be dealt with as follows:(a) A Player who:(i) is suspended or expelled from school or fails to continue in following a recognized home school program; or(ii) destroys or pilfers property belonging to another person; or(iii) utilizes narcotics or abuses other drugs; or(iv) commits any other act which the Executive deems detrimental to the Association or its objects. may be suspended or expelled from the Association with or without warning by the Commissioner andthe team to which the offending player belongs may forfeit one or more games in the sole discretion of the Commissioner.(b) Any player found by the officials in a game to be guilty of rough play with intent to injure shall beimmediately suspended from all further play in the Association pending a hearing in the presence of the Commissioner who shall, in his sole discretion, make a decision as to the further play of that player."
Player Code of Conduct
PRAIRIE FIRE Football Club- Playing for the PRAIRIE FIRE Football Club is a privilege. We expect each player to conduct themselves in a manner that shows respect for their teammates and coaches, opposition players andcoaches, referees, fans and the facilities that we play in.
- Players are expected to attend ALL team functions, practices and games.- Infractions will not be tolerated.- Actions or behaviour that deviates from PRAIRIE FIRE policy will be dealt with by PRAIRIE FIRE team management and coaching staff.- Disciplinary measures imposed may include reduction of playing time for a game, suspension or expulsion.- In the event of suspension or expulsion, no refund of registration fees will be issued.- The Team Manager or Head Coach will advise the player and parent/ guardian by phone and email of the results of the disciplinary meeting.